Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

You are how old?

Jade REALLY enjoys "helping" with the dishes!
Who says cleaning isn't fun?

This is Ashlyn striking a pose. She likes it when I just take pictures of her. Oh brother!



The other day I went to Wal*Mart to pick up a few things. I cut through the clothing to get to the light bulbs when we passed racks of women's bras and panties. Ashlyn being the funny little girl that she is had something to say about all of those bras. She very loudly said, "Mommy when I get big I'll need a mommy bra." In other words one day she will need me to buy her one. Nice. Just what I want her to announce to the store, especially since there were only men around us, (what were they doing in the women's section anyway?). She has also taken my bra while I'm getting ready to go somewhere and stating that she "needs it." The other day she told me we couldn't leave the house yet because she had to shave! I often times find her doing the dishes and trying to mop the floor. It's so funny to me that children want to be so much like mom and dad that even the "unfun" things we do seem SO cool and exciting to them. She sure does scare me sometimes though. I'm a little intimidated of the teenage years ahead of us with two girls. I will also admit that when we are ready for another baby it too will probably be another girl. Bras, deoderant, shaving, talking on the phone to boys, dating! AHHH! Of course I'm not stressing over this now. I'm enjoying my time with them as little children. I'm just unsure of the future. lol. Thankfully we have the Holy Ghost and Heavenly Father to help lead and guide us. I "thank thee O God for a prophet!" Otherwise Kenneth and I would be toast!

6 comments:

  1. yeah i think your house is going to be a bit crazy in the teenage years!!! GOOD LUCK!!! but tell ashlyn she is always wlecome to clean at my house if she wants! I hate doing the dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cleaning stage doesn't last long. Enjoy it while you can. I wish my boys still had the desire to help like they did when they were younger. Ashlyn is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll need to worry, especially if she keeps flirting like she did on Sunday with Aiden... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I didn't know she was flirting with Aiden on Sunday. You'll have to tell me about that. I guess she just takes after her mother a little more than I was expecting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny. Every time I see Ashlyn she always comes up to me and says "I'm Ashlyn" and she says it a few times. She is such doll. It will be interesting to see how much your girls will be like you in their teenage years considering they already want to do whatever you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, your girls are so cute! I'm happy I found your blog. I forgot to save your phone number, could you email it to me sometime? nikibagwell@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete