Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Toothpaste is NOT for the bum!

The other day I heard Ashlyn in the bathroom and she'd been in there for awhile. I was getting suspicious so I went to take a look. After I walked in she looked up with the "I am SO guilty" look and said, "my bottom was dirty so I'm just cleaning it. Oh yes! I can't make this kind of stuff up ppl! She had covered her bum with antibacterial soap and Crest toothpaste. Nice. So of course I'm really worried that she got it in other places than her cheeks, so I ordered her into the tub immediately to bathe her. The good news is she's in to good hygene and she didn't hurt herself. She also smelled of lavender and fresh breath. lol. The bad news is that I have to monitor her potty time and RUN everytime I hear water runnning that I didn't turn on. Not only is she into hygene, she is also in to making up her own drink concoctions. I was terrified when she brought me a FULL glass of something brown. It was water, fruit punch juice, and chocolate syrup. WOW! After pretending to taste it I poured it out when she wasn't looking and told her (after I was asked where it was) that I drank it all up. I even had her taste it so that she could see making up her own drink isn't tasty. Unfortunately she thought it wasn't too bad. This morning I caught her trying to put some cake crumbs into a choc. milk bottle from last nights Krispy Kreme trip. That is now in the trash, again. No more drink concoctions! GROSS! You all MUST be thinking, "Where was Heather during all of this? Surely a good mom would do a better job of keeping her children outta truouble." Well my friends, I was doing laundry so the only thing I could hear was that water and the sound of Oxi clean spray. She WAS watching a movie before announcing to the whole house that she had to peepee. That's when the red flag went off after not hearing her for several minutes. Good times.

A lot is on my mind right now. We were told a few months back that Kenneth had to take a mandatory furlow day (a day off without pay) once a month. That automatically takes a good chunk of $ out of one paycheck each month. But we weren't bitter, he still had his job and we had insurance. Yesterday we learned that their company insurance will be $325.00 more expensive a month! So we've lost a good bit of $ out of our monthly budget. Lets just say I did a LOT of pleading with the Lord last night along with a lot of tears. I'm trying very hard to rely on my faith and to be reminded of the SEVERAL times I was in need and asked for my Father in heaven's help and was always given His aid. I go through these little moments when I'm like, "we'll be just fine, I have faith." Then I have other moments when I'm freaking out when I think about how we will pay our bills. Of course we have the option of purchasing our own insurance. Or we could be VERY risky and not have insurance at all. I can look into medicaid but I'm pretty sure we will not qualify for that. Kenneth has a great job and I'm very thankful for it. I need to focus more on that. He's SO gifted with his hands and the way his mind works with numbers and building. I need to just be more faithful. Well if you know of any great insurance packages that are cheaper than about $850.00 let me know. Not very likely I'm sure, but I thought I'd put it out there. Thanks for letting me vent. Keep us in your prayers and if you have any words of wisdom, I am ALL ears! Oh yeah! Jade is finally beginning to fit into 12mo clothes. lol. She's 16 months old. My sweet little blue eyed baby. =) There are still SEVERAL wonderful things in my life. I am blessed and I am grateful.

7 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! Jon didn't tell me that our insurance went up! Oh my gosh.... we are going to go bankrupt. (ok sorry this is me NOT stressing out, but who am i kidding!) What is next? There isnt much more the company can do to cut back... unless they are asked to work for free! ok im done.

    Ahslyn and the toothpase sounds fun.. lol.. good luck trying to make sure she doesnt find other fun things to try. maybe if you had 6 eyes.... but then you would just look funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that it is not only my girls that get into crazy things :) I have come to find out that if its quiet they are getting into something....Silly Kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...welcome to motherhood!

    I wish I had words of wisdom to give for your other issue, but I really only have one thing to say...Don't stop paying your tithing! You can't afford not to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I love this story! I think that Ashlyn is at one of the funnest ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto to what Marina said!!!
    Kids do the darndest things & tithing is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm grateful my kids haven't started making up their own concoctions... I'd make them drink it. :)

    Don't try to go without insurance... if something happens you won't be able to get back on it. Check into separate plans, sometimes places will insure children for much cheaper than adults, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  7. amen to everything everyone's said. you have wise friends!
    at least Ashlyn is aware what makes you clean.

    ReplyDelete