Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Some conversations with my little adult

Some things that Ashlyn has said recently that made me laugh. I thought y'all might enjoy this.

On the way to Publix to get their prescriptions:
Me: "Wow Ashlyn! You and Jade sure did take a long nap!"
Ashlyn: "Oh no! I forgot to take a little nap. I forgot to take a little nap, aw snap!"

While getting ready for bed last night:
Ashlyn: "Mom I get to have a little brother."
Me: "You do!?"
Ashlyn: "Yeah. I can have a little brother. And I want to keep Jade too. Then I'll have two babies!"
Me: "Of course we'll keep Jade. Why do you want a little brother?"
Ashlyn: "So I can teach him and Jade things."


At mom's/Lovey's house a few wks ago:
Ashlyn: "Lovey lets go get Jade and Aunt Amy", (they were pretending to be monsters and Ashlyn uses a blanket to cover herself with while she growls ferociously at you).
Lovey: "Okay."
Ashlyn: "I'll use the blanket...you can use your face."

Lol. She cracks me up! She's also doing her own hair now. It's a little frightening, but she looks SO pleased with herself. If we show up to church on Sunday and it looks like hairbows attacked her head, just smile and tell her how beautiful her hair looks. We'll see if I can be sneaky enough to have her let me do her hair. I gave her two little braids today for the first time and she loved 'em! I'm hoping she will want that on Sunday. Well I tried to post some pictures but something keeps happening. I get a msg error that tells me something is invisible and it can't find it or something like that. Hopefully it will work next time. Sorry for the delay.

Well Aunt Sarah is here visiting from Tennessee while Kenneth, Scott, and Jonathan are in Cherokee camping. So we'll be having lots of fun hanging out with Susan and Brooke and Aunt Sarah and her super cute dog Chance. Ashlyn's been looking forward to this visit for quite some time. She has named almost EVERY stuffed animal that she owns Sarah. It's way cute seeing how much she loves her aunts and uncles. We sure do miss y'all! Well I'm hoping to get lots of awesome pictures at Virginia Hylton Park tomorrow. Hopefully my computer and camera will settle their differences soon so that I can show y'all the amazing pictures I'm going to take. lol. Here's hopin'!

5 comments:

  1. I love the things kids say! She sure is a funny girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashlyn is so funny! The nap and monster incident is hilarious! I wish I had recorded the cute little things that my kids have said...what a missed opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlyn, I feel you. I have forgotten to take a short nap many a time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a great time this weekend and cant wait to see my beautiful nieces again this weekend! How lucky I am to be close enough to see you guys fairly often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the conversation with Lovey! And I love her comments in primary! She cracks me up too!

    ReplyDelete