Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Monday, April 13, 2009

Ashes, Ashes, we all go to the Drs. Office?

Don't worry, our house didn't burn down or anything. So here's what happend. Kenneth was Super Man on Saturday and did a lot of work in the yard and garage, (I can park in it again)! He had a good bit of yard trash to burn on Sat and so he did. All was well. This morning Ashlyn wanted to go outside a little bit before it rained and I was okay with that. That is as long as she put some shoes on and stayed out of the burn pile. There were no longer flames and it wasn't red or anything like that, but just to be on the safe side. So of course as soon as I look up to the back yard guess who's walking through the ashes. You guessed it! Ashlyn was. BAREFOOT! She had shoes on when she went out there, I'm not exactly sure when they came off. She claims she was wearing them when she walked through the "fire" as she calls it. Well I got an ice pack and called the Dr. since a few small blisters were forming. I went outside and was touching the ashes to see if they were hot. They weren't really that hot at all. The nurse said they wanted to see her because they needed to bandage the foot so the blisters wouldn't pop to avoid infection. I'm all about that since I may not have insurance soon, (that's another story for another day). Anyway we got to the Dr. at 11:45. I was instructed to not let her walk so I had to have a woman from the front desk carry Jade inside for me so that I could carry the weight. Ashlyn weighs about 42lbs! Well Dr. Taylor looked at her foot and said it was fine, no bandages needed and to clean the area often and use Neosporin. Yay. Then he asked how Jade was doing and I told him of her new congestion so he checked both Ashlyn and Jade's ears. Guess what! They BOTH have a mild ear infection in their right ears! What are the chances of that? How grateful I was to have gone to the Dr. I knew her foot was fine, but I just felt right about going in to the Dr's office for some reason. Now we know why. Luckily Publix Pharmacy gives Amoxil (the generic for Amoxicillan) for free. =) So my girls can get better and fight this pollen fair and square. I feel so much better. They fell asleep in the car on the way home around 2pm. It's 15min after 5 and they're still asleep! I should probably wake 'em up. I do want them to go to bed at some point tonight. I'm not a fan of being woken up in the middle of the night or really early in the morning. Well I'm off to go mother. I sure hope my blog is as fun for y'all as y'alls blogs are for me. =)

3 comments:

  1. Wow. That would be kind of scary. At least her feet are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your blog is fun!

    Heavenly Father sure does inspire us, even when we don't know why. Listening is part of the challenge...you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer your question: Go to playlist.com and create your song choices. Get your "playlist code" (choose option "E"). Copy it. Then go back to your blog. Go to "customize." Then "add an element." Choose "html/javascript" (adding a 3rd party funcionality). Paste your code into it and save. Walah! You have music. You can change out your music as often as you want. If you have questions, just ask. I may not have been clear.

    ReplyDelete