Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Daughter is giving, and a flirt!

This afternoon while watering the plants and our hopefully growing seedlings of grass, a little boy rode into my driveway. He said, "Um, I need some money for the fundraiser please." lol. I'm thinking, I need some money for the Walter fundraiser please. lol. jk. Well I told him I didn't have any money and he said thank you and rode away. Not 30 minutes later a little girl rang my door bell and very elloquently told me what the fundraiser was for and gave me all of the details with the cutest little lisp ever. lol. I was going to tell her too that I didn't have any money, but my little Ashlyn said, "I have some money. It's in my money jar. I wanna give her some money." Of course I'm not going to let an opportunity of charity go by so I said okay. Oh yeah, the fundraiser is for children with cleffs in their lips that need surgery. Well Ashlyn got a chair and got her money jar out of the cabinet and brought it to me. I told her to pick out how much she wanted to give the little girl and she pulled out about .63. I wrote Ashlyn's name on the back of the fundraiser and the amount since it was her money. Well the little girl was leaving and saw her little brother and his friends. Ashlyn ran to get shoes to try and play with them. They were still at the end of my driveway when she got outside. The little girl was gone but there by the mailbox were the boys. She spoke to them and told them she was running and asked if they wanted to play chalk. They said no, but one of the older boys offered her a flower he was holding. I thought that was very sweet. It makes me feel so good when other children are so nice to mine. Anyway, the three boys walked away. They were probably a good two hundred yards away or so when Ashlyn yelled out this noise she does as a whistle. The three boys turned around and she hid her face and got closer to the porch. She continued this "whistle" every time they would turn back around to leave. It was quite funny. Wow! Flirting already though?! Kenneth and I are in for a treat, this little girl isn't shy, just like her mother. lol. We'll be praying a lot. lol. Well I thought everyone would enjoy that little story and Kenneth will be happy to hear that I finally watered our seedlings of grass. lol. Seeds are so much cheaper than sod! Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying our little family blog. I'll have new pics. this weekend so I hope to make the time to get those posted.

I almost forgot to mention...the kids slept until 9:30 this morning! Can you believe that? It was like a blessing from on high! I didn't know what to do with myself. So I stayed in the bed and just rested and enjoyed the silence. It was beautiful. Until Ashlyn called me from her bedroom. She decided that wetting her bed was much better than getting up alone to use the potty. Jade's diaper had the same idea because it soaked through to her sheets also. So my morning began wonderfully and quickly turned into a few loads of unexpected laundry. Oh well. I told her if she peed in her bed again on purpose I was going to make her wear pull-ups to bed. I think that did the trick. We shall see. I know sleeping so long didn't help the situation for either child, but I did really enjoy that. Well I'm sure I'll have a new adventure to post soon enough. Love y'all!

5 comments:

  1. I wonder who taught her to wistle at cute boys!! lol-- that is too funny! Is your family going to the beach with some of the other Walters?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and funny. She has such a fun personality. It is going to be fun to watch her as she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL...that is funny, Heather! She is filled with all the right elements to get a man's attention: a good heart, and allurement! Keep your eye on her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, keep her under lock & key. ;) What a funny little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9:30 - you GOT to be kidding me.
    So obviously Kenneth whistles at you when you're walking away!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete