Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Haircut Blues

I woke up ready to take on the world this morning. After feeling like such a horrible mother for the past few wks. I decided things were going to change and I was gonna feel like a good mom again. So I woke up really early with the girls and got them breakfast. Then I took a quick shower and we all three played games together and chased Jade around the house, (which is one of her favorite past times) and watched a few cartoons. Before going visiting teaching Ashlyn informed me that she wanted a snack. So I walked into the kitchen with her and opened the pantry doors to help her find the perfect snack. I just happend to look down into the trash can (it was getting full and needed to be taken out) and what I found lying there made my heart sink to my toes. There in my filthy trash can lay some of Ashlyn's beautiful hair. Aparently it's not REALLY bad or I would have noticed without having to find the evidence she tried to clean up. Once you know what to look for it's really not hard to miss. Some may think I'm being too dramatic, and that's fine. But when you have a three and a half year old with hair to her waist line you become quite attached to the lovely flow of the golden brown color and the way it elongates her sweet little face. And how you can smell the shampoo when she runs by. Well now I have to decide what to do with her hair now. I do not want to cut it short. I think short hair is precious on children, but I just really love hers long. It's something we get to share. I was thinking of just having the wonderful woman that cuts my hair give Ashlyn a cut with lots of layers. That way it can be blended in. I don't know if that will work without taking the length off. I'm still angry that she cut it. I sent her to her room and after regaining my composure I very firmly, yet lovingly, explained that if she EVER takes scissors to her hair again I will chop it off and give her a boys haircut. That really scared her so hopefully after hiding the scissors, again and threatening her she won't do it again. Now I just have to keep her away from Jade's hair!
It looks like the beginning stages of a mullet!
Oh how my heart aches for those lost inches.

The lighting in this picture around the deadly weapon is perfect because that's how I imagine the scissors looked to her when she first laid her eyes on them.

The remains. And that's not even all of 'em. =(









5 comments:

  1. I think it would look cute with layers in it. I could just even it out u where she has cut it then put in the layers....No worries she could have cut it to her scalp like Karlee did.
    Let me know!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'd be great! I'll call ya next week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww that is sad. she is brave! i always wanted to cut my hair, and my mom told me not to---so to rebel i cut tiny tiny pieces off the bottom so not even i could tell a difference! she doesn't do a task half way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too much damage. It could have been much worse! The scalp would have been devastating! Layers will look cute on her, I think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope Aiden didn't give her that idea...

    ReplyDelete