Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Acceptance

Early this morning I received a phone call from Lake Murray Baptist Church informing me that Ashlyn had a spot in their preschool program. I am SO excited! As soon as I fed the kids we got ready to go pay the tuition to secure her spot. I didn't tell her I was putting her on the waiting list in fear of her not getting in and then having to be disappointed. After the phone call I asked Ashlyn if she wanted to go to school and she replied, "No, I'm not big enough yet." She used to tell me all the time that she wanted to go to school and I would tell her she wasn't old enough because I wasn't planning on sending her to school until she was 5. I informed her that since she was almost 4 she could go to school. She got REALLY excited and immediately began asking questions like, "will there be big girls my age there?" She was quite pleased to hear that the entire class will be 4yrs old. lol. I took her with me to the school to pay the tuition and it was the perfect time to go! I didn't get there until around 11:45 so she saw all of the children getting ready for lunch and playing outside. They were doing some fun stuff with water and croquet and all kinds of other things and she just wanted to play with them so bad. She got upset when we had to leave. So now she's really looking forward to school starting. We are so thrilled!

6 comments:

  1. how great! that will be so fun for her! she is going to make so many friends-- she is so social!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your "babies breath" photo. Your girls are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlyn: Don't forget to give mommy a hug before you go to school. And always tell her what happened there!!

    From Grandpa Walter !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kaitlyn keeps talking about school, too. I bet Ashlyn will have lots of fun. Congratulations on getting in

    ReplyDelete