Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Thursday, February 19, 2009

No Whining Aloud!!!!!!!!

Why must my 3 and a half year old whine SO much? She wasn't always like this you know. I consider myself a good disciplinarian. I try REALLY hard to be consistent with timeouts and make sure I follow through on punishments. For the most part I do pretty darn well. So what am I doing wrong? She just started this whining thing a few weeks ago and EVERYTHING is a BIG deal. Where did all of this drama come from? What do I do to make it go away? *BIG sigh* I will have to add this to my prayers. I'm sure it's just a stage children go through, but wow! I am so emotionally drained at the end of the day. It would be great if she could take things down a notch while I'm fighting off this Sinus Infection. Well it wouldn't be a spiritual calling (Motherhood) if I didn't grow from these things and it would be too easy. So I'll just mom-up and get over it like everyone else. Still it felt nice to get it off of my chest.

Kenneth has lost 12lbs. and still counting. I'm so proud of him! He's been doing so well and enjoying the exercise so much. It's done wonders for his mood and his feelings about himself (it's a good thing he doesn't look at this blog much, I imagine I embarrass him a lot. That's why I'm called the wife). He's doing well at work too and staying steadily busy which of course is great news. Who doesn't like paying the bills and having insurance?! lol. The Lord has truly been blessing us throughout our marriage and lives! Kenneth was able to fix the small things that were wrong with his bike so he's super excited about getting out and riding. It's so cute to watch him make what I enjoy calling his, "work out dates." He has two other friends he meets up with that are also training for the same triathalon. It's been fun watching him enjoy himself so much. It's just what he needed.

Jade is still walking a few steps and falling but it won't be long. She tries to walk more and more each day. Pretty soon she'll be runnin' through the house like her big sister. I can't wait! They are already so precious playing with one another now I can't wait to see how much better they will interact and things. It's been fun watching Jade's personality develop. She's very smiley ALL the time! Of course there are days that naps weren't long enough or she's gone too long without a snack or her teeth are pushing up more that make her a little fussy. But for the most part she loves to make people laugh. She is DEFINITELY Kenneth's daughter! She's always playing little jokes on us like with her sippy cups. She just LOVES throwing them on the floor. Of course she's watching us the whole time with a mischeivious grin on her face right before she drops the cup. Then she hears the gratifying BANG as it drops to the floor and she says, "Uh-Oh!" She's so funny! She REALLY loves the telephone and last week began holding it to her ear and just goes to town babbling. Apparently that must be what I do. lol. She will be going in to Nursery in about 5 months. It will be strange to me not to have either child clilnging to me while at church. When Ashlyn turned 18 months we moved into a new ward and of course my first calling was the Nursery Assis. and then a few months later the Leader. So this will be my first time getting to really take class in. Jade really isn't bad in Sunday school. Nothing like Ashlyn was! Whew! lol. Jade just gets sleepy and restless. For the most part she just crawls around my feet playing with toys and eating Cheerios. I really can't complain much. At least I shouldn't. I don't know if you've noticed yet, but I complain A LOT. I really need to try harder. I'll work on that.

Well as for me I have nothing new really. I'm still teaching the Mia Maids at church and staying home with the girls and trying to keep the house in some kind of order. I have not yet found my "triathalon." I don't know that there is anything out there that I will fall in love with, other than Kenneth. Maybe I just haven't been trying hard enough to find something. I'd like to find a hobby that I can do when the girls are asleep. Something I'm good at. I just haven't found what I'm good at yet. Well I will keep you all updated as I trial and error some things. Hopefully it will be more trial than error. lol. Well we love y'all and hope to hear back from ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment