Babies Breath

Babies Breath

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Do I believe?

Two weeks ago I informed everyone of the trial my brother is facing with his Transverse Myelitis. Well before leaving the hospital two Sundays ago he was told that he has permanantly lost the ability to urinate on his own. He was also informed that he cannot work for a month at the minimum. They taught he and his wife how to insert the "in-and-out" catheder and sent them on their way. Jesse went to a Neurologist last wk and the Dr. was amazed that Jesse could walk. He said, "You don't understand. You should not be walking! This isn't something that people just bounce back from." He took Jesse off of his other pain meds and put him on one that has a high dose, and he's still on the steroids. Another Dr. believes that Jesse will regain control of his muscles again soon and be back to normal 100%, urinating on his own and everything. This Dr. told him to quit taking all pain meds and only take the steroids. He's weaning off of the pain pills and well on his way to recovery. On Monday Jesse felt the bottom of his seat for the first time. When he touches his arm he still can't feel his hand on top of his arm, but is soon approaching recovery.

So I ask myself...do I believe in the power of prayer and fasting? Absolutely without a doubt I believe that my father in heaven hears and answers prayers. I believe in the power of the preisthood and I know that we are heard. Our father is aware of us all and everything we are currently going through. I am so grateful to those that prayed and fasted with my family. Thank you to all of you, we have felt your prayers, and I know my brother and his wife have felt them even more so than the rest of us. Thank you. I will update everyone with things as they come. I'm sure he'll be making more progress each wk.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Heather, that makes me so incredibly happy. I am so glad things are progressing favorably!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful! I'm glad all the prayers are being heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is awesome! Hopefully he will continue to progress. Will keep him in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am new here! What a fun blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather, this is Brittany Walter Kunz' cousin Brooke. I haven't met you, but I do know your hubby. What an adorable family you have! Britt and I were roomies at Ricks, so we hung out with Kenny (or Kenneth) a lot back in those days. I just wanted to tell him hello, so if you could tell him hi from me. (If he is like my husband he doesn't read blogs much!) Britt showed me your blog when I was visiting her in AZ a few months ago.If you guys will send me your e-mail address I will send you an invite to my blog. Email me at brooke.geary@gmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kenny, (sorry Heather to keep posting random things on your blog comments!) Anyway, Roman just added me as a friend on facebook and asked me about you...if I know where you are these days. So, since the only contact info I have for you is your blog, I am giving him this blog address. Hope that is okay! You two were quite the pair back in the old days! :)

    ReplyDelete